Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tomorrow's the big day...

So tomorrow is the big day.  I will have surgery tomorrow at approximately 3:20pm. I'm thankful that I don't have to get up at 4 am but the downside of having a later surgery is that I still can't eat or drink after midnight so that means that I will have nothing to eat or drink for close to 24 hours.  Oh well, I have much to be thankful for.  I'm so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  A cool thing happened this past weekend, my mom was in Florida and was at a women's conference with my Aunt Pat.  One of the leaders of the conference (if I'm not mistaken) was having a conversation with my mom and aunt.  Her son unfortunately has an aggressive form of thyroid cancer and is going in for his 2nd surgery on Thursday.  his name is Alex, you can pray for him to.  Anyways, at the end of the conference all the ladies stood up and held hands and prayed for me, my condition and my surgery.  I feel so honored to have so many people lifting me up to the Lord, it's humbling really. There's been people that randomly text me or message me a verse or just thinking of you's.  I have perfect peace about the surgery and the ultimate outcome of it all.  I'm not saying things always turn out as we would like them or plan, I'm saying that I have perfect peace no matter what.  That kind of peace can only come from the Lord. I don't have it within my power to muster up that much peace or calmness, but the Lord of this universe does and He has given it to me freely.  Phillippians 4:7 says "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I'm thankful and comforted that this is all planned by God.  I'll try and keep people updated as best I can, but if you see an odd blog, it may be a drug induced one, so please for give me :) Thank you all so much for your prayers, I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am for them.  

2 comments:

  1. i am in awe of your faith Mandi. it's so true that such peace can only come from the Lord.
    you will be in our prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandi-I am just now reading your blog...I didn't know! I am thankful the Lord let me run across this. I will be praying for you and the doctors tomorrow!
    Christi

    ReplyDelete